To qualify for the RAC the following requirements must be completed:
- Required Meetings for Riders, Parents, and Chase
- Training Rides
- You must participate in at least one official RAC training ride per month. You should really ride with us every weekend though . . . we're that fun!
- Please arrive 15 minutes early.
- Make sure your water bottles and/or CamelBaks are full.
- 5th graders need to carry their own water.
- Don't forget sunscreen!
- Bring one spare inner tube for each bike (and make sure it's the right size).
- Training Miles
- You must ride at least 300 training miles before the RAC begins. This is really the bare minimum. You'll be a lot happier if you train more. The 56 Bike Path isn't very exciting, but it's a good safe option if you want to get a quick ride in. Up and down the full length between Black Mountain Road and the end is 16 miles with some pretty good hills. Click here to see the route.
- Required Rides
- Two Escondido Hill Rides (we offer 10 Escondido Rides). Attend all 10 and that's 380 miles right there! Set a new record!